Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"AA" Boys Players to Watch in 2011-12

First, Congrats to all the boys state champs in "B" "A" & "AA" last weekend. I didnt have time to blog about the tournaments like I had hope but there were some fun games in all of the classes. Congrats to Derek Robey and the O'Gorman Knights for winning the schools 4th title in six years. Its beginning to look like O'Gorman is becoming a basketball power (also the girls basketball team was in the title game) instead of a football power. We will see what the future holds. Also congrats to Corsica-Stickney and St. Thomas More for winning a state championship for their school.

As the season comes to an end I am excited for what the future holds for boys basketball in "AA". Here is a list of players that I feel could have an impact next season. The state is loaded with a great "junior" class, here are a few underclassmen that could have a great season in 2011-12 season. I will start with teams that made the "AA" state tourament.

OGorman Knights: Connor Schaufbaur and Sam Wallin
Mitchell Kernels: Jade Miller, Tucker Volesky and Matthew Henriksen
Sioux Falls Lincoln: Trey Naasz, Scott Mulder and Nick Goeman
Sioux Falls Washington: Joey Habtemariam and Tyler Shetterly
Pierre: Lane Severyn and Zach Hanson
Brandon Valley Lynxs: Ben Schultz and Chase Marso
Rapid City Central: Jake Lewis and Mike Norberg


Others that didnt make the state tournament:

Sioux Falls Roosevelt: Tyler Howard and Tom Nugteren
Brookings: Tanner Odegaard and Landon Busch


I know I am missing a lot of players. Those are just a few that I am excited to watch next season. Please leave me your comments about players you feel will make waves next season. Continue to listen to ESPN 99.1. Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment