Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"AA" Girls Basketball Players to Watch in 2011-12 Season

On the verge of the boys state tournament starting tomorrow I first wanted to blog about the future of "AA" girls basketball for 2011-12 season and some players to watch out for next year! I'm going to start with the teams that were in the tournament this past weekend! Here is where I want your feedback! If you know of someone please post something about that person! I'm going to stay in "AA" basketball. I know there are a lot of players I am missing that I want to hear from you about. My favorite player not in "AA" is a girl from Scotland, she lead her team to a disappointing season this year and hopes to bounce back next year as a junior is Aisha Abbink. I might be a little bias because she is related to me but she is a great basketball player and an awesome person! Now onto "AA" basketball:

Yankton: Chloe Cornemann and Emily Fedders
Mitchell: Macy Miller and Kerri Young
Sioux Falls Washington: Ellie Benson, Kelsey Knecht, Sydney Koel, Hannah Nieman
Rapid City Stevens: Margaret McCloud, Katie Klapprodt, and Alexis Kruse 
Rapid City Central: Taylor Bauer and Tori Holt
Aberdeen Central: Megan Jorde, Brynn Flakus, and Kelcy Schaunaman
OGorman: Chandler Nielsen, Alyssa Brazil, Tori Langin
Brandon Valley Lynxs: Heidi Hoff, Allison Koehn, Brynne Rist, Lexi Hoover

Some others that didn't make the state tournament this year:

SF Roosevelt: Sydney Rome, Anja Cucak
Watertown: Tia Hemiller
Lincoln: Daurby Hagunin, Mica Standsoldier, and Cera Ledbetter
Huron: Brittany Steffen and Caitlin Abbink (another bias on my part but has the potential to be really good) Her strength is in track and Cross Country.
Pierre: Hallie Getz and Stevie Clausessen

There is my list for the future! I cant wait for the season to start! What is yours? Listen to ESPN 99.1 for complete coverage of the "AA" state boys basketball tournament starting at 1pm with #1 seed OGorman Knights and #8 Brandon Valley Lynxs!

No comments:

Post a Comment